Monday, February 14, 2011

We're pregnant

I have been waiting since January 18th to tell EVERYONE this. 
I had not been feeling good since Tom left but I kind of wrote it off as deployment/thyroid/anything else. I didn't think that we would get pregnant right before he left. In fact, we got pregnant the day that he left crazy as it may sound. I kept telling my mom that I was bloated, crampy-ish, emotional, tired and towards the end of the month my girls started to hurt. I was determined to wait until the day that I was supposed to get my period to take a test but instead I took it 2 days before and it was at 10:00pm. That thing had a bright blue line as soon as I set it on the counter. I was shocked and excited. The first thing I did was take a picture of the test to email to Tom.
 
I had to wait almost a whole week before I heard from him.  What he forgot to tell me was that he was on a mission that whole week. But when he did eventually call I could hear the huge smile on his face. He kind of thought that it was going to happen. 

The best part of the whole thing is that our baby will be here after Tom gets home plus he gets to share the last few pregnant months with me. 

Baby Goodrich is due September 28 and we are not finding out the gender. I have always wanted to wait to find out what the baby is when the baby is born. I like the idea of a surprise. Now that Tom is gone I definitely don't want to find out unless he is here with me. He is already missing out on so much that I want to make sure we can share  something together. 

So there is the exciting news that I have been waiting to tell everyone. Thank you all for your prayers!

1 comment: