Sunday, September 26, 2010

September Update/Deployment #3

For once this month seemed to go by very slowly. I hope everyone had a great month of September. For those of you who are up north, I hear that the weather is getting colder and the leaves are changing. I miss that weather a lot. As of right now, down here in NC, we still have 80-90 degree weather most days. The leaves are not changing and they most certainly are falling...at least not where we are. It's hard to get in an autumn mood when it doesn't feel like the autumn you are used to. Oh well, we are hopefully not going to be down here much longer so I will get my autumns back.

This month has been pretty laid back with nothing much to report on. I was sick for the last half of August and beginning half of September but I am doing much better now, other then sleeping all the time. Tom is back to work. The last week has been stressful for him but he is looking forward to what is ahead right now. I am still taking all of my classes and pretty sure that I am passing them all at this point. With my OCD system it has been easy to stay on top of projects and homework. I think the rest of the semester is going to go well.

We are going to be having visitors soon. My sister is coming down on Sunday with her in-laws to stay at their beach house for a week. I am really looking forward to seeing her again. You know we were told when we were younger that we will eventually like each other. Those people were right. I am really glad that I have my sister by my side and what makes it even better is that we are/have gone through the same things such as deployments. I have someone who has known me forever that I can talk to about this. Anyway, so she is coming down to visit and my grandparents on my mom's side are going to be here sometime early October. Really looking forward to showing them what I consider home.

Not sure if I mentioned this in previous updates but I have talked to the music director at our church to see if I can get involved with that using my sign language. He was very excited about that and it looks like I will be doing it the weekend of October 9 & 10. They have one service Saturday and three on Sunday. I am really looking forward to doing this and I hope that I can continue doing it. The director said he doesn't think that anyone has come in to sign at this church so this will most likely be an eye-opener for the people. Again I am very excited.

We do have some other news. This is not good news. Tom has been put on the list to deploy this coming January. Yes it's very soon. We are dealing with it as a couple. Thankfully we have a great support system. I will be staying down here this time to continue with my schooling. Please keep us in your prayers. This is not going to be an "easy" deployment like the last two but our hope is that it is going to be the last one.


Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. Sending out this email every month reminds me of how many people are praying for us and how many support us.


Love to you all!

Kristi & Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment