Wow it's been a while. Things have been crazy here.
Instead of writing an all new blog I am going to post the emails that I have been sending to friends and family over the last three months. This should catch everyone up on our lives and then I will write some new stuff...
May Update
Hi everyone. I am back! Sorry that there has been such a big space between emails. It's been crazy and most people knew what was going on for awhile because I was with them. I am going to try to get back into the email updates, especially now that I am back in NC. So here is the update from May.
Saphira and I made it safely to NC after 14 hours of driving. The car was packed and when I say packed I mean it. I had to leave a couple of boxes in NY at my parents house because I couldn't fit it all. We did the whole drive in one day and got down here about 10:30 on April 30th. We ended up staying at a friends house because our house didn't have electricity or water. I didn't even think about calling to get that turned on, not that I would've been able to because I had to go in and sign papers. We ended up staying with them til Tuesday which is when I finally got everything turned on.
I had lots of help moving everything into the house from the storage unit. Some of my guy friends helped move the furniture in and my best friend Chelsie and I moved 90% of the boxes from the storage unit into my garage. It only took me a couple of days to get a majority of the boxes moved into the house and unpacked. As of right now there are only about 5 boxes in the garage and three in the living room that still need to be unpacked. I am hoping this weekend I can finish the unpacking as I have almost the whole weekend free.
My wonderful sister in law Laura came and visited me for about four days. We (I hope) enjoyed spending time together. I think the thing we both enjoyed the most was going to the beach and having fun in the waves after she convinced me to go in.Saphira was able to go too. It was great to have someone else in the house. In a couple of weeks my mom and sister will be visiting me too. I am really looking forward to seeing both of them but especially my sister since I haven't seen her since Christmas.
I have also started summer school taking three classes, one in the morning and two at night, Monday through Thursday. I think the classes will be fun and that I will do well in them, let's hope. My other hope is that this will help me finish my Early Childhood degree by the end of next year but we shall see.
Saphira is loving our house and the newly acquired freedom that she has. At almost one year old (only two days shy of that) she is allowed to stay out of her crate while I am at school or a friends house. The only problem that we have run into is that she likes to take the garbage out of my garbage cans. Other than this she is a good girl. Saphira is enjoying her freedom outside too. We have a huge fenced in back yard. I have to literally bribe her to come back into the house because she enjoys it so much. The only thing I have to discipline her for outside is that she is digging holes, and not just little ones. I do have to say that I enjoy when she comes on the bed in the morning and sleeps with me. It's very comforting. She and I make a pretty good team.
Tom is doing well. We get to talk usually three times a week or more depending on how much he misses me and when he can get a phone. We have been able to talk to each other over Skype, which is a webcam. It was amazing to see him after four months. We are hoping to be able to do more of that when I get my new laptop and before he heads back to the ship which could be soon. We are both looking forward to him being home in about three months. He is excited to see me, the dog, and the new house.
Saphira and I made it safely to NC after 14 hours of driving. The car was packed and when I say packed I mean it. I had to leave a couple of boxes in NY at my parents house because I couldn't fit it all. We did the whole drive in one day and got down here about 10:30 on April 30th. We ended up staying at a friends house because our house didn't have electricity or water. I didn't even think about calling to get that turned on, not that I would've been able to because I had to go in and sign papers. We ended up staying with them til Tuesday which is when I finally got everything turned on.
I had lots of help moving everything into the house from the storage unit. Some of my guy friends helped move the furniture in and my best friend Chelsie and I moved 90% of the boxes from the storage unit into my garage. It only took me a couple of days to get a majority of the boxes moved into the house and unpacked. As of right now there are only about 5 boxes in the garage and three in the living room that still need to be unpacked. I am hoping this weekend I can finish the unpacking as I have almost the whole weekend free.
My wonderful sister in law Laura came and visited me for about four days. We (I hope) enjoyed spending time together. I think the thing we both enjoyed the most was going to the beach and having fun in the waves after she convinced me to go in.Saphira was able to go too. It was great to have someone else in the house. In a couple of weeks my mom and sister will be visiting me too. I am really looking forward to seeing both of them but especially my sister since I haven't seen her since Christmas.
I have also started summer school taking three classes, one in the morning and two at night, Monday through Thursday. I think the classes will be fun and that I will do well in them, let's hope. My other hope is that this will help me finish my Early Childhood degree by the end of next year but we shall see.
Saphira is loving our house and the newly acquired freedom that she has. At almost one year old (only two days shy of that) she is allowed to stay out of her crate while I am at school or a friends house. The only problem that we have run into is that she likes to take the garbage out of my garbage cans. Other than this she is a good girl. Saphira is enjoying her freedom outside too. We have a huge fenced in back yard. I have to literally bribe her to come back into the house because she enjoys it so much. The only thing I have to discipline her for outside is that she is digging holes, and not just little ones. I do have to say that I enjoy when she comes on the bed in the morning and sleeps with me. It's very comforting. She and I make a pretty good team.
Tom is doing well. We get to talk usually three times a week or more depending on how much he misses me and when he can get a phone. We have been able to talk to each other over Skype, which is a webcam. It was amazing to see him after four months. We are hoping to be able to do more of that when I get my new laptop and before he heads back to the ship which could be soon. We are both looking forward to him being home in about three months. He is excited to see me, the dog, and the new house.
June Update
School is going well for me. I was on break last week but it didn't feel like that much of a break. I was busier that week then I have been while school was going on. Classes are interesting and I am enjoying them. I totally feel that the teachers make the class and that is true with my classes right now. I am able to sign up for Fall semester soon because Early Childhood students get to register for classes early. I will be taking 7 classes=19 credits next semester but the schedule is a good one, giving me plenty of time with Tom.
Tom is doing well. He is back on the ship. We have gotten to talk to each other at least 5 times on Skype (webcam program) since he has been gone. We both really enjoy seeing each other especially since it has been so long. Speaking of how long it's been...we have less then a month and a half and he will be home! I can't wait to be back in my hubby's arms...and to have him cook again. Next time I email you guys I will hopefully be able to say "Only a couple weeks left!" That will be exciting.
Saphira has had lots of company this month. We had Bria, my mom and my sister here the beginning of June. Saphira got more attention then she has had in awhile. We both enjoyed having my family here to visit. Just recently we had a four month old puppy stay at our house for a couple of nights. That was...fun. I have decided that one dog is enough for me. Last weekend we had a whole family stay at our house due to them having a newborn and no water at their house. Three adults, one newborn and three dogs. My house is decent sized but that made it seem small. Last weekend I had two other dogs here, Carolina (Saphira's husky friend) and Elvis (we watched him last Thanksgiving). Let me just say it has been nice to have just Saphira and I in our house...alone...and back to our old routine. Again I have decided that one dog is enough for me right now.
There really is not much more for me to say for once. I took a trip down to SC to see a good friend of mine, Devin Hughes, who is in training down there. It was great to see him since I haven't seen him since Christmas. The beginning of the month I took a trip to NY to be in Kerri Clayton-now Myer's wedding. I enjoyed seeing some friends and family while I was up there. Unfortunately I couldn't stay longer. My mom and sister spent a week with me once I came back to NC. We spent time at the beach with Linda and Renee Boettner, the friends who live in Wilmington. All in all we had a great time together. That was the first time I had seen Tiff since she moved to FL in Jan. I have been able to spend a lot of time with my dear friend Chelsie, her husband Landon, and my adopted nephew Cadon. I don't know what I would do without them here...probably be making many more trips to Wilmington to see Linda and Renee. lol
August Update
Hello everyone. I hope, as always, that everyone had a good month. I know that I most certainly did.
The best part of the whole month was having my husband come home after a long seven months of being apart. You know it seems like such a long time when you first start out but when we were waiting for the buses to arrive it didn't seem like seven months had gone by. I guess that is a good thing.
We have been enjoying each others company since he has been home. He had that whole first weekend off and then a couple of days during the week. He is now on leave for over two weeks. This could be a good or bad thing.
I have started school back up yet again. It's going to be a long semester with lots of work but I can do it...at least that's what I keep telling myself. My schedule is wonderful. School in the mornings and then I am home the rest of the day other then Mondays which is when I have my night class. My teachers are great. They keep the classes interesting. The only thing I am having a problem with right now is keeping three classes straight because they are all the same teacher. Please keep me in prayer as I go about this semester, that I will be able to keep up on assignments and learn from my classes. At this rate I will be graduating in Fall '11.
We have bought a new/used car. It was pretty crazy the couple of days that Tom had to go into work. I have school early in the mornings and would be done before he was done so I had to bring him into work and then go to school and then go back on base to pick him up. Those were some very early mornings. But now we have two cars so I don't have to do that anymore. The car we got is about the size of my Bug but with four doors and a slightly bigger trunk. We have a '05 Chevy Aveo and it's the cutest car ever. The best part is that it is my car! lol Wonderful gas mileage, low miles on the car, and standard.
So this is what has been going on for the last few weeks. Everyone has pretty much adjusted to having Tom home and now we are starting to get into some new routines as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment