Saturday, February 27, 2010

Boredom

You would think with my working, doing 7 credits online for school, starting a Pampered Chef business and hanging out with my family I wouldn't be bored...right? Wrong. I am bored. I want to scrapbook but have nothing to scrapbook. I want to crochet but...well I don't know. I want to take pictures of outside and all this awful wonderful snow but it's cold and there is just soooooo much snow(3ft here and more coming). I am missing my stuff in NC,...my own apt...my bed...everything. Don't get my wrong I love being here with my family and friends but it's not the same and anyone who has gone through something like this will totally understand. Only twom ore months left here and then I can go back down and find a place. Just watch though, once I get down there I will want to be back up here, cause that's just how this works. lol 

Has anyone seen "Valentine's Day"? I want to go see it but am wondering if I should wait for it to come out on DVD. Any opinions? I will probably end up going to see it in theater anyway cause I want to hang out with my friend. "The Last Song" is coming out March 31. Really debating on that one. I can't stand Miley Cyrus (Sorry fans of Miley).The only reason I would see it is because I love Nicholas Sparks and I want to compare the book and the movie. 

you know there is something that I have not been doing and really should have been. I stopped doing my devotions when I moved back here from Corning in May of last year. Tom and I are always talking about doing them together but that never happened. I have a wonderful "Yellow Ribbon" devo that I got from a friend. It is for the military families. I love it because a lot of the things are right in line with my life at this moment. So I have started doing devotions again. The only difference is that I am underlining and writing in the book. There is always a small prayer at the end of the day and instead of reading that prayer I write my own prayer. There is also a verse for the day. Instead of just reading that one verse I open my Bible and read that whole paragraph so I know what is going on. This is working out better for me...course it's only been 5 days but hopefully this will continue for a LONG time. Do you have a hard time doing devotions? Is there a favorite time of day for you and do you have a favorite devotional book?

I hope everyone has a wonderful night and a wonderful Lord's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment