Friday, January 29, 2010

White out

Ok so I am missing NC right now. lol. It's so stinking cold here and there is snow. I missed the snow around Christmas time when we were in NC and it was wonderful to see it when we came to visit but now...ha...I could definately do without it. 

I figure I am lucky to be alive and not hurt today. yesterday we got snow. Not too much snow but enough. And the wind...holy cow was it blowing. That is what made everything worse. I had plans for last night to go see "Blindside" which was an amazing movie. I live out in the D'burg which can get pretty nasty when it comes to snow and wind. Well I volunteered to pick up two friends out in Schoharie and Middleburgh about 30 minutes normal driving time. Getting to them was not a big problem but getting them home...that was another story. 

I decided to take I-88. Not a good idea because it was so windy and there is nothing blocking the roads. I defiantely white knuckled the whole time on that. And then getting on other roads there were definate white outs. I don't think I have been in many whiteouts and if I was they weren't as bad as these. Prob went through 6 deifferent spots where I couldn't see a thing. scary! I did manage to get them both home safely and returned safely to my nice warm bed. Again I am actually missing NC right now and their 50 degree weather. 

On another note. I have been getting pretty regular emails from Tom. It sounds like he is mostly on the ship and not really on land. He and his three guys don't really have much that they can do right now so they are doing alot of working out and just chillaxing. 

I haven't had any breakdowns in the last few days. I think that I have gotten over the majority of it and I am settling in here. One of the ladies I know is going to do a photoshoot of me and maybe my puppy on Monday. I am pretty excited. Somehow I want to incorporate the American flag hanging on our porch and two of his Marine hats into the shoot. Very excited. 

Alrighty well I think I am going to get my room cleaned up a little and attempt to finish the one piece of homework I have to do. Have a great day and stay warm everyone.

2 comments:

  1. That is great that you are getting e-mails from Tom!
    I'm glad you made it home safely last night!!
    Have fun at your photo shoot! The American flag thing is a great idea!
    I can't wait to see the pictures because Lindsay always does a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited about the pictures. And I saw the flag hanging outside and thought that it would be awesome to use. Hopefully it won't be too cold outside and we can do some outside ones.

    ReplyDelete