Monday, January 4, 2010

16 days...


We finally accomplished something today!! So exciting. lol The whole apt is perfectly clean a mess but it was worth it because now there is less for me to pack by myself while he is at work.

This is part of the living room mess.

 The bedroom mess



 The closet is starting to look bare. I took my summer clothes and shoes and put them all away. Then I went through my other clothes and got rid of some.


Tom did help some.


One of the hard things about moving at this time of the year for 5 months is that it's inbetween seasons. I get mostly winter weather but then at the end it's June and could be warmer...although it's NY so who really knows what the weather is going to be. Plus, one of my good friends is getting married the beginning of June so I have to have some nicer clothes in case we go out for parties and such. So much to think about.

Then there is shoes...ha. Which shoes do you bring? I love my shoes. But again the weather thing. Then there is flat shoes, heels, and sneakers. White and black. Or colors? AH! Must choose carefully, due to the fact I don't have alot of room in the car, especially after the clothes. lol

And craft stuff...yikes. I am in a total crafty mood lately. The past 4 months I have completed 4 baby blankets, painted two plaques, and scrapbooked some of my wedding album. My mom and I are going to work on crafts while I am home, to keep us busy in a happy way. So I am bringing my wedding scrapbooking stuff, not the rest of it cause that's just alot, my painting stuff, and the unfinished blanket that I am currently working on.

Books...yet another thing I have to strategically plan. How many books to bring? Reading books I'm not worried about because my mom has a bunch that I can read but then there is my study books, writing books, and my Bible. Again must plan strategically because I only have a Monte Carlo to pack things.

The nice thing about the Marines is that they have a website that you can go on and sell your items, so those clothes and shoes that I am getting rid of along with the purses are all on there. Then there are a couple of other items that I am selling. Hopefully things sell.

Oh yea and I am moving into my brothers room, he is moving into my sister's old room. The only things that should be in that room are the bed and a dresser. So empty. I am also bringing a box of my pictures. Most of them are from the wedding. One of them has a card that my husband got me for my birthday. My first ever "Wife" card. Then there is the frame that has the love verses from 1 Corinthians. If I'm going to be there for 5 months I am going to make it look like my room.

I think I am getting a hang of this blogging thing. I will continue with my countdown of the days before he leaves. You guys get to see how stressed I will be. lol Blogging is kind of helping me stay somewhat sane, because it's something exciting that I get to do at the end of the day.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment