Friday, January 8, 2010

13 days....

Sorry I missed yesterday guys. I was too tired to stay up and type. This is going to be yesterday's post and then later tonight I will do today's post.

This morning I was reading a friend's blog. She was talking about a child who had passed away and how the school dealt with it. I feel ashamed for feeling the way I do, upset about my husband leaving for 7 months, when there are parents who won't see their children here on this earth again or children who will never see their parents again. There is so much pain, sadness and anger in this world, I am going to try to think more about the time that I have with Tom while he is here and how much fun we have together. The happy things.

Like yesterday, I went down to Wilmington to see my cousin who was visiting her step sister down there. We went out to lunch at a burger place. As I got half way through my sandwich I saw something weird mixed in with my lettuce. It was a piece of metal! I gave it to the waitress and she gave it to a manager. He was very nice and very apologetic. The manager said that it had come from the wire scrubby that they use to clean the grills. He asked if there was anything else that I would like for lunch because the resturant was taking care of my order. I got my lunch for free. Everyone 10 minutes someone would come back and ask me if I needed anything. I really wasn't upset about finding the metal.  I worked at a resturant, it happens.

After lunch I went to the Boettners house. I got to spend a good six hours there because Tom had gotten a ride home so I didn't have to worry about picking him up. I always enjoy my time with that family. They were the first ones to see my almost finished scrapbook. I'm going to miss not seeing them while I am in NY. But I am planning on a trip down here in April, and they said I could stay with them while I was back down here.

When I got home last night Tom made me dinner, because he loves to cook and is always coming up with something good to eat. After dinner I read some of my book but became too tired to keep reading. It was 10:30, the earliest I have gone to bed in awhile. But it definately felt good to get a nice long night.

I am hoping today that we can go look at storage units and finally be able to get rid of some of the boxes in the apt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment