Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thinking...

Last week was so hectic with traveling and Christmas, this week seems extremely boring. I know that there is alot of things that I should be doing such as packing and figuring out what I am going to bring to NY for 5 months but....I don't want to think about any of that.

Sure I am excited to be back home with my friends and family in familiar places, but there is a really bad downside to that. I have to be without my husband for 7 months and maybe longer. Yes I have gone through a deployment before but we were only engaged and hadn't spent 24 hours a day 7 days a week together.  The thing that I keep being thankful about is that he is going to be on a ship...hopefully...and not in Afghanistan. But anything can change.


Whenever I look at my husband I try to take a mental picture and put it away into a storage spot in my head. Not only have I been taking pictures mentally but I am using my new camera to take some.

I am not looking forward to people asking me questions about how Tom is doing oversea, or how things are going in general. So if you are reading this, please don't ask me.

All I can do right now is thank God for the time that I have with him and treasure every moment. And think of the other wives that are in the same boat that I am in, or the ones that will never see their husbands again. To those wives...thank you for supporting your husbands.

Sorry for the "poor me" blog. I just needed to write it down somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure what to say. Maybe keeping busy will help. If you ever get bored I have two kids you can ran after. :)

    ReplyDelete