Saturday, September 26, 2009

weekend fun

This weekend has been fun for me so far. Tom and I were supposed to go to a housewarming last night but he had duty because his alarm didn't go off and he got to work late. The made him stay all day yesterday til 7:30 this morning. There are days that I don't like the USMC. Yesterday was one of them because I was totally looking forward to dressing up and meeting people. Instead...I cleaned the house, did laundry and some homework. Then for lunch Chelsie and I went to Applebees which my husband doesn't like to go to. We went back to my apt and got Saphira so that she could play with Dezzy, Chelsie's 1 1/2 year old Great Dane. Last night I also was able to go see "Fame" with Ashlea. Neither of our husbands really want to go see chick flickss so now we have someone we can see them with.

Today we slept in til 12:00. I guess we were both tired. He had been up all night for duty and I have not been sleeping well because of this nasty cough that I have. At four we went to Chelsie and Landon's for a BBQ. Again we brought Saphira to play with Dezzie and the dog they are fostering. I really enjoy spending time with Chelsie. We have decided that I am going to be their son's non-biological aunt. She is due the beginning of Jan and I can't wait.

Tomorrow we are trying out a new church. It's hard to find something that we both like. Hoping this might be it but who knows. We have been to two other ones, one Presbyterian and the sister church to the church I grew up in and one was Baptist. This one for tomorrow is also Baptist.
After church we are going to have another BBQ but with Ashlea and Lawrence and their two dogs Carolina, a husky two months older then Saphira, and Elvis, a cranky 5 year old dog that I am not sure what he is. Carolina and Saphira have never been able to play with each other where they are not attached to leashes so this should be interesting for them.

Well time for bed. I have to see if I can pry my husband away from W.O.W. which is probably unlikely.

1 comment:

  1. You go to a lot of BBQ's,how nice! :-) Must be the "southern" thing to do. Haha.

    ReplyDelete