Sunday, November 20, 2011

Exhausted

It has been a LONG week. Tom goes to work at 5 in the morning and he hasn't been getting home til closer to 7 at night. Not only did he work the week days but he worked the weekend too. It's just Hailey and I all day long. Unfortunately I can't get much done when it's just her and I.

I love my baby girl but I didn't realize how exhausted I would end up being. This is how our day usually goes.

Feeding at 2 or 3 am
Wake up at 7
Feeding followed by a short nap (I get to eat breakfast during this time)
Mommy and Hailey time for a couple of hours and a feeding
Nap usually around 12 for only about an hour. Household chores get done during this time.
Mommy and Hailey time which usually turns into TV time and a feeding ( a bath too)
Nap time around 3. This is the longest nap. She usually sleeps for 3 hours. By then Tom might be home.
Feeding time
Time to make dinner.
Eat dinner with Tom
Get Hailey ready for bed which means another feeding and PJ time
She goes to bed between 8 and 9 and will stay asleep til the 2 or 3 feeding
Tom and I usually head to bed right after she goes down.

I know this is a normal or even slow day for most people with newborns but it's frustrating for me at times because I really want to get stuff done in the house like unpacking and cleaning. We still have two rooms that have a bunch of boxes in them. I'm hoping when she gets a little older she will entertain herself more.

On an excited note: Tom's family is coming down for Thanksgiving! They will be here on Tuesday. Megan and Chris still haven't seen Hailey. I have already been told by my MIL that I probably won't be holding Hailey unless it's time to feed her or put her to bed. lol Tom is going to ask if they would mind watching her while we go out to lunch or dinner alone. I trust them but it's going to be super weird being away from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment