Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I woke up to two text messages saying "Happy Mother's Day". This is my very first Mother's Day. As the day has progressed I can feel our little lady or man moving around in there, kicking my stomach which is exactly what it is doing right now. There are days when I still honestly can't believe that I have our child growing inside of me. It seems so surreal. People say that you don't really believe it until that child is in your arms. It's weird but exciting to see baby items in the baby's room. Those items make it much more real.

This Mother's Day I am thinking of the women who have been trying to have a baby, lost a child or aborted. My heart and prayers go out to them. This can not be an easy day for them. My husband and I are blessed to have gotten pregnant as soon as we did and I fully acknowledge this.

I was able to talk to Tom last night. He told me "Happy Mother's Day". I wish he was here. It doesn't bother me that he isn't here for Mother's Day, it bothers me that the first person who felt our baby was my friend Chelsie and not Tom. It bothers me that I am going to the ultrasounds and appointments with Chelsie and not Tom. It bothers me that he is missing the belly stretch and grow while everyone else can see it. Please don't get me wrong, I am so glad that I have a best friend who goes with me to these things and can experience them with me but I'm just upset that it's not my husband, the father to the baby. I know that he wants to be here as much as I want him here. I have been fine about this until other people could feel the baby. Before it was just a stomach but now there is movement and he is missing it. My prayer is that he makes it home in plenty of time before the baby is here.

Lord thank you so much for this blessing that you have given us. Help us to raise this child in Your Word to be the man or woman that You want him/her to be. Lord please watch over my husband and the rest of the men and women who are overseas. Be with their families as they go through this separation. Help them to remember that You are Lord and that You are in charge. 
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment