If you follow my status updates on Facebook you already know about my friends Brittany and Coty. If you don't follow me on that then here is the situation.
You all know that we are a military couple. Well because of this we have quite a few Marine friends and they all go overseas at different times. One of our friends, Coty (who used to be our neighbor at our last apt) has been in Afghanistan since June. I found out yesterday that an IED(Improvised Explosive Device) either hit something Coty was in or hit his group on Sunday. According to his wife Britt, both legs were amputated, although we don't know how much, and he is in critical condition. They were trying to stabilize him enough to get him to Germany and then Maryland but it was not looking good. As of right now, I think Britt, his mother and his grandmother are going to be flying to Germany to be with him. I don't know of any other details.
This was way too close to home for both Tom and I. We have never had a friend be hurt in action. It hit us both hard. I have been either crying or teary eyed for most of the day. All I can think about is that Tom is going to the same place in January. What is something happens to him? Amidst my tears last night all I could say to my husband was that I don't want him to go.
I am so glad that I have God on my side. I know that no matter what He will be there with us through the good and the bad. The other thing that sticks in my mind is that God will never give us more than we can handle with His help. I don't know how people can go through their lives not believing in God. He makes this earthly life bearable.
Please keep my friends, us and the rest of the military in your prayers. If it wasn't for you all praying I don't know what I would do. Thank you for being part of our support system.
No comments:
Post a Comment