Sorry there has been a lull in blog posts. Things have been hectic and emotional since Tom left. Basically after he left I had the job of cleaning up everything that was left in the apt. Man was there a lot of stuff. Who knew two people could own that much? lol The only nice thing about moving and packing things is that you end up getting rid of quite a bit. I can't tell you have many bags of garabage that I got rid of. There was alot.
I started my travel home around 5 on Thursday. It was too hard to lock up the apt for hte last time. There was nothing in it that reminded me of anything. It was completely empty. Saphira and I headed up to Virginia, which took 5 1/2 hours. Not too bad. We stayed at Kelly's house, a close friend of the family. Then we headed up to NY Friday morning. That trip took about 8 hours maybe a little more. All in all not too bad. I got home around 5:00 on Friday. As soon as I walked in the house I started crying. I am happy to see my family and get to spend more time with them...but I am not supposed to be here under these conditions. I am supposed to be with my husband, Thankfully I have a wonderful mom and she understands, so she just let me cry on her shoulder for a little while.
I got all of my stuff into the house and then my mom and I went to her quilt weekend thing with a bunch of older ladies and Mrs. Hughes. At first it was hard and I did cry a little while I was there but I got used to the ladies who were all very nice. That night was really hard. I had Saphira who isn't sure what's going on so she was pacing the floor and whining and then I had to sleep alone in a twin, which I haven't slept in since prob January of last year. It was really weird. Saphira woke me up numerous times. Not much sleep happened. Saturday was spent with the same ladies. I started a baby blanket for myself finally. My other four blankets are for other people.
I haven't heard from Tom at all since Wednesday before they got on the ship. One of the ladies in my church said she went for 6 weeks without hearing anything from her husband. This is going to be sooo hard. I write in my diary like I am writing to him, so that it feels like I am still communicating with him. After I get everything unpacked and I find his address I am going to start writing letters to him. I just need to settle in first. Being a military wife is hard but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my husband and I support what he does.
Oh and jsut so you guys know, he is in Haiti. I do know that much. They have a facebook page that is always updated so at least I kindof know what's going on, Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I am grateful for all of it.
Now off to unpack everything and then I think I am going to work on the baby blanket while I watch " My sister's Keeper"
I hope it gets easier for you and the days go by fast.
ReplyDelete