Well readers, a week from today and I will be sitting here, actually...I'll be on an air mattress, all alone except for Saphira. A week...jeepers.
Today was a pretty normal day. Slept til 11:45...yea I know I'm lazy. I did get a bunch of the kitchen stuff finally packed. Most of my baking stuff is in a box, the seasonings, and cans of soup are all put away. I packed some of the plates, bowls, cups, etc into a box. So weird.
This morning I got a text from the girl I used to babysit for. She wanted me to pick up her daughter from counseling because the other person couldn't. Not a big deal. I found out though that the other person's husband, who came back from deployment a month and a half ago, found out that he is going to be deploying to Haiti on Friday. She is not happy whatsoever. I wouldn't be either. There are plenty other Marines to take his place. Sometimes I just don't get the military, but I also think that we aren't supposed to understand them. I am so glad that Tom is still deploying on the same date and not earlier.
Oh and I have been having issues with my skin lately. My face is all dry and sore, and my shoulders feel like they have sunburn. I have been putting lots of lotion on for extra dry skin hoping that this works. Does anyone else have any ideas? Everytime Tom comes to kiss me I cringe because it hurts. It's like having chapped lips. Ugh. Any ideas are welcome.
Remember how Saphira has her awesome yellow duck that she sucks on? Well last night while I was working on homework and reading my book she tore out one of it's eyes. I had to sew the hole up so that she didn't make it bigger and dig all the stuffing out. There were two other holes too, one on it's chest and one on it's butt. Poor ducky! She is soo cute with that thing.
Tomorrow my friend should be having her baby!!!! I am super duper excited. I hope that I can get some good pictures to show everyone. I can't wait to be his non biological aunt. That's what my friend and I have decided that I am going to be. lol
Well I am going to attempt to work on my scrapbook or start a new book. Have a great night.
I have no idea about the whole skin thing, sorry. :( Well, actually, what about old fashioned remedies like taking a bath in oatmeal, milk and honey? I just thought of that because I have a Burt's Bees bar of soap that is that and I used it tonight. Just a though.
ReplyDelete