Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hailey is 8 months old!

Yet again another month has gone by way too fast. My little monkey has developed so much more this month.


Sorry this was taken on my phone so it's grainy. This is one of the only times in the last few months that she has fallen asleep after drinking her bottle.   
Sleep:
Nothing has changed here since her 6 month update. She still sleeps mostly through the night. There have been nights when I will have to go in and cuddle with her, put her music on and then put her back to bed. Her naps have been the same, two naps a day with one being shorter than the other. I try to get my nap in while she is napping but by the time I make it to the bed, she decides it's time to get up.
Her newest thing during her naps or night time is standing up in her crib. The first time she did it in her crib I accidentally scared her and she started crying. lol Poor kid. Since then I have been more cautious when I let her know I'm there. The only problem with her standing up in bed is that she doesn't know how to get back down. She gets upset because she can't get down but she gets downright angry when you go in and lay her back down. This has caused some long nights for mommy.
Here she is having her first fast food experience. She loves the french fries.

Eating:
Well as I said in the last update, Hailey loves her food. I think her favorite things are graham crackers, yogurt and toast with jelly. She is done with baby food. She doesn't really like applesauce. We have started giving her more of what we eat, as long as it's not too messy.

Development:
Here we go with the fun stuff. :) She is a mover! I wouldn't say that she is doing the technical "crawl" but she scoots around really well. One minute she is in the living room and the next she is in the kitchen. She doesn't really like to be in her bouncer anymore because she can't go anywhere.

She is pulling herself up on things such as the couch and the coffee table. Nothing is safe now. Her favorite place to be is in between the coffee table and the couch.

She is learning the meaning of no. I have my laptop on the coffee table along with a mouse and a keyboard, both wireless. She is not allowed to touch my computer and will generally get a warning and then a hand slap. She is a quick learner though. Since the first major attempt all I have to say is "Hailey" in a stern voice and she backs off.

We have a tooth! And another on the way. She get her first bottom tooth on Mother's day. Now we have to teach her not to bite.

Hailey is also a big faker and a mommy's girl. Anytime she falls or she just plain old isn't happy she gets her fake cry going on. And when people come up to her or talk to her she puts her head on my shoulder like she is being shy. Poor Tom is second best compared to mommy.

We're pretty sure she is saying "mama" too. Anytime she cries when I leave it sounds like mama. Even Tom has said this. I am hesitant to say it because I know that kids have an easier time saying dada and mama compared to any other word.

Hanging out at the beach with her friend Sheldon

Mommy and baby at the beach

Playing with her keyboard while watching her favorite show "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"

Trying to help daddy take apart something

Hanging out with daddy on the couch

Our pretty girl

Very mad at mommy for leaving the room and locking her in with daddy

Poolside fun with her friends
I don't think there is much else to say. She weighs 22 lbs and is just now getting into her 12 months clothes. She has been to the beach and hates the waves but loves to be in a swimming pool. Her best friends are the dogs. She loves to be around other babies too. I think that's it. Hope ya'll have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment