Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hailey is 6 Months Old

Can you believe that half a year has gone by since Miss Hailey was born? I can't. It seemed like just yesterday we were in the hospital. Anyway, here's what's been going on this past month.

Sleep:
Hailey is officially sleeping through the night. At her appointment the doctor said something that clicked. She told me not to feed her at night because she's going to get used to that and continue to wake up because she knows she gets food. I knew Hailey could sleep through the night because she's been doing it off and on since she was only a few months old. So the night of the doctor's appointment I decided that that was it, Hailey was going to sleep through the night. The first night she woke up twice, the second night once and after that she slept through the night. Now if she wakes up, I go in cover her back up and turn her music back on for her and she passes back out. I'm very happy to be able to sleep through the night again. I don't think I've done that since I was 5 months pregnant.

Naptimes go well for the most part. She takes two naps almost every day and they are pretty decent naps too.

Eating:
Hailey is eating breakfast and dinner every day. Every so often I get her to eat some lunch. We've started giving her baby meats. Those are some nasty smelling things. lol Hailey still loves her Puffs and usually that's the way we keep her happy in her seat. Just in the last week she started feeding herself her puffs. She's gotten to the point where almost 3/4 of the puffs make it to her mouth and not her lap.

Development:
As mentioned above, she is grabbing small things and bringing them to her mouth. We have to make sure that little things are off of the floor when she goes down for tummy time. She will pick at the rug when she is on the floor.

During tummy time, Hailey scoots backwards. She started this the 26th when my grandparents were here to visit. I went into her room to get her up from her nap and she was on her knees. I proceeded to tell my grandmother that she's going to be scooting soon and sure enough that day she started. She can also turn herself around on the floor. A couple times, she's gotten herself stuck inbetween her jumperoo, which she still loves, and our wicker basket for blankets. She doesn't like being stuck.



Hailey is also sitting up by herself and she has found her toes. She loves to sit up with mommy and daddy on the couch. She also loves to suck on her toes.

Still no teeth although we keep looking for them. 

Doctor's Appointment:
At her 6 month appointment Hailey weighed 15lbs 4 oz and was 27 inches long. She is in the 96 % for height and the 43% for weight. She is also very healthy. Looks like baby girl might be tall like her mother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment