Monday, March 5, 2012

Five Months

My baby is 5 months old. I can't believe it. She has changed so much in the last month both in features and abilities.

Sleep:
We have a weird sleep schedule going on. Some nights she sleeps through the night and others she doesn't. Lately she has been going to bed much later. She takes 2-3 naps a day depending on my schedule. If she doesn't get her third nap in then she takes a quick one before bed and ends up going to bed much later than I would like but still gets up at the same time in the mornings. If she does get a third nap in then she goes to bed around 8pm.

Her naps are still anywhere between 1-2 hours sometimes 3 if she is extremely tired. I'm very grateful that she takes these naps because then I can get some household chores done...or some blogging done. :)

Eating:
My baby LOVES her rice cereal and baby foods. So far we have only been doing night time food feedings but I think this week we're going to start breakfast. She loves apples and is okay with peaches, green beans and sweet potatoes. This is all we've gotten to try so far but I don't foresee her having any problems with other foods.

She also loves her strawberry yogurt bites and strawberry cereal things that melt in her mouth. My baby has even tried some pancakes. This girl loves to eat.

Development:
She is still working on her rolling over. I put her to bed on her stomach and every time I go in to check her or get her up she is on her back looking up at her Pooh mobile. She doesn't roll over much when she is on  the floor but I think she is too busy eating her toys to want to roll over.

She is finally the right size for her jumperoo. She absolutely loves to play in that. Tom will move up and down and that gets her so excited that she starts jumping. It's great to watch. She still loves tummy time and is getting better and better at grabbing her toys. She loves to spit her pacifier out of her mouth and then grab it and put it back in. I love the concentrated look on her face when she is doing this.

She is interacting more with the friends and family on Skype. Before she would just kind of look at them like she would a TV show but now she is bouncing and talking to the people on there. Speaking of TV shows, one way that I can get her to sit by herself in her swing is to put a show on for her or prop her up on my bed with pillows with the TV on so that I can get ready to go somewhere.

Hailey loves her puppy dogs too. Saphira is a big licker and Cammie loves attention. Whenever one of the dogs comes over to Hailey she will open her mouth for kisses and reach a hand out to pet grab their fur. It's really cute. They are wonderful around her.

Doctor's Appointment:
We don't have an appointment until her 6 month, the end of March.






I love how much my little girl is doing and how interactive she is these days. It's unfortunate that our family and friends are missing out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment