It's been quite a while since I have blogged mostly because it's been hectic in the Goodrich household.
What's been going on you might be asking?
The biggest thing that's happened is the birth of our daughter Hailey Marie Goodrich on September 30, 2011. My precious little girl was 2 days overdue and man was I getting impatient. Everyone else was getting impatient too. My sister came to NC for a couple of days about a week before Hailey was born. Unfortunately she wasn't able to stay til she was born. My mom and brothers were down here tho. They were on vacation the whole week of my due date so that they could be here for her delivery.
So delivery night...I woke up at 3:30 with a very strong contraction, nothing like I had had before. I decided to go to the other room and try to sleep on the air mattress (I had been sleeping on the air mattress for weeks because it was more comfortable with the belly). The contractions kept coming, just as strong as the first one so I started timing them...5 minutes apart. I knew that that day was when the baby would be there. I went into the master bedroom, woke up Tom and asked him if he wanted to take a shower. Mind you it was only 4:10 in the morning. He said sure, started the shower and hopped in. I had a contraction and was waiting a minute. As soon as I stood up, my water broke. I don't think I have ever seen him take a shower that fast. He started getting stuff ready to go while I calmly got in the shower. I wasn't going anywhere without a shower. Thankfully he stayed calm, although I was calmer.
We made it to the hospital in one piece and went straight to labor and delivery. Before we left the house we called my mom and his mom to let them know what was going on. My mom and bros were an hour away so they started to make their way over to the hospital. At the hospital they did all the necessary things and got me all hooked up. As soon as I was cleared to have an epidural I got it. My brothers were brought back to our house because we weren't sure how long it was going to take to deliver. My mom held my hand through contractions and so did Tom. Both my mom and Tom helped with the actual delivery. It was comforting to have my mom and my husband there with me. The awesome thing was that my OB doctor was able to deliver Hailey because some of her appointments had been cancelled.
Hailey Marie Goodrich was delivered at 12:21pm after pushing for an hour and six minutes. She weighed 8 pounds and 15 ounces and she was 20 3/4 inches long. No one was expecting a baby that weighed that much. We only spent a little over 24 hrs in the hospital from being admitted to being discharged. My mom helped out a lot at home. Hailey was very gassy the first 2-3 days of life. I had to have stitches so I wasn't moving around much. My mom would take Hailey and keep her happy or put her to sleep so that I could rest.
I look at my baby girl and I still can't believe that God would give us such a perfect gift. I'm a very proud mom and wife.
Awwww- how sweet! I love that header picture!
ReplyDelete