Thursday, October 14, 2010

Doctor doctor

I have been to the doctor's twice this week, yes twice. We are starting to have a love hate relationship. The waiting in this particular doctor's office is insane but the doctors (at least most) and nurses are worth it. My hubby keeps telling me to find a doc that you don't have to to wait as long for but I just can't do it.

So this week. I went in because I was two weeks late for my period and that has never happened before and I had a yeast infection...surprise surprise. Pee and blood test were neg for pregnancy. But the doc started talking to me about what's going on with my body.

This was kind of the conversation that this new doctor and I had. "What does you sleep pattern look like?" "Well I can go to bed at 9 and sleep til 9 and then take a three hour nap sometime in the afternoon but still go to bed at the same time and sleep soundly." "Huh. How about weight gain?" "I have gained 10 lbs in a month and a half and my eating habits haven't changed that much" "Okay. And your period is late?" "Yup." "Do you have thyroid problems in your family?" "Actually yea. My great aunt and her daughter on my mom's side both have thyroid problems" "We are going to check your thyroid levels" "Take as much blood as you need if it's going to help you figure out what's wrong with me"

I had her laughing when I told her how many times I have gotten UTI's and yeast infections. And I could tell her how many times and when I got them. She basically told me that I was falling apart.

So a couple of days later I got my blood results back. Sure enough the thyroid levels were messed up. Today was the follow up visit. The thyroid level is supposed to be at 4.5. In May mine was 4.2 and now it's 5.0. She told me that my body is fighting against my thyroid. I will be on pills for the rest of my life but that is a small price to pay if I am finally going to be feeling better.

On a less happy note, Tom is deploying a month earlier than originally planned. He deploys December 14 or 15. We weren't originally planning on going home for Thanksgiving but now that things have changed, our plans have changed. I am taking the week off of school and we are coming home for a short amount of time. It will be good to see some people. As for Christmas, I am not sure what I am doing, whether I am staying down here or going home but I don't need to figure that out right now.

I want to thank all of you for keeping us in your prayers. Please continue to pray for us because the next two months are going to be hard on us.

1 comment: